Happy Birthday to My Sixteen Year Old!

February 23rd, 2009 · 9 Comments

Happy Birthday, my boy!

3-26-93

I am having a hard time believing that this baby, my first born, my sweet love bug, turned sixteen today.

Sixteen years ago my brain was full of thoughts of breastfeeding, and diaper changing, and hoping to get some sleep, and not much else!

Now, my thoughts are so much more wide-ranging.  When will he want to get his learners permit to drive, when will his friend’s start to drive (even scarier).  Pride in his excelling in school.  Pride at his playing the guitar, being part of two bands, playing in front of an audience!  Pride that he is a wonderful young man.  Oh, and, wondering, why do these colleges insist on sending my child brochures?  Please, don’t remind his mama that he will graduate in two years.  He’s still my first born baby, my joy, my love bug.

colleges-2-23-09

Tags: Family

• 1 Kim@ForeverWherever // Feb 24, 2009 at 8:18 am

I understand about seeing those college brochures. Time flies!

The baby photo is too cute!

The whole driving thing is already scaring me and my son is 14. Boys, even responsible ones, make me nervous with cars!

-Kim

Kim@ForeverWherever’s last blog post..Tasty Tuesday Blog Party Invite

• 2 ELK // Feb 24, 2009 at 9:00 am

i’ll be here …it is a journey (roller coaster) for sure…what a sweet bundle he was!

ELK’s last blog post..I feel

• 3 Shannon // Feb 25, 2009 at 12:36 pm

I hope your not so little one anymore had a great birthday! They do grow up so fast.

• 4 It’s Wednesday Already? // Feb 25, 2009 at 1:35 pm

[…] ← Happy Birthday to My Sixteen Year Old! […]

• 5 Andi - udandi // Feb 25, 2009 at 2:13 pm

hrm, I don’t see my beloved University of Dayton and they send (or used to send) materials out all the time! what an exciting time upcoming for both of you!

thanks for stopping by my blog and supporting libraries – we love patrons like you!

Andi – udandi’s last blog post..Measuring Equivalents Fridge Magnet

• 6 renee @ FIMBY // Feb 25, 2009 at 5:02 pm

ah…can’t imagine my kiddos (elementary school aged) 16 but I know it will happen way too soon.

renee @ FIMBY’s last blog post..Some weeks are like this

• 7 Monkey's Momma // Feb 26, 2009 at 2:00 pm

Such a bittersweet post! Hang in there, mom!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Who Would Like To Do A Guest Post?

• 8 Gayle // Feb 26, 2009 at 2:23 pm

Hi everyone!

Thank you for the comments and birthday wishes for my boy!

• 9 Procrastination No More // Apr 13, 2009 at 2:51 pm

[…] stay at home mom of 3 amazing children.  My children are growing up way too fast.  My oldest is a teen already!  He is 15.  My middle child is nearing teenhood.  She is 12.  My “baby”, a […]