This recipe had my husband raving for days about how delicious it was and asking when I’m making it again! More amazing, all three of my children like it, too!
It’s easy, quick and delicious!
Here are the ingredients. I forgot to add the water to the ingredient photo, pretend you also see 1/4 cup of water!
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- about 1/8 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 8 thin sliced chicken breast pieces
- about 2 tbls olive oil
1. Wash the chicken and pat dry.
2. Combine the coriander, cumin, pepper, tumeric, ginger and salt in a small bowl. Sprinkle onto both sides of the chicken rubbing the spices in.
3. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Brown both sides of the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Set browned chicken aside on a plate to catch the juices.
4. Cook onion and garlic in same pan for a few minutes. Don’t wash out the pan! Leave all of the tasty bits of chicken and spices in there to flavor the onion and garlic.
5. Stir in 1/4 cup of the coconut milk and all of the water. Add the chicken back in along with any juices that collected on the plate.
6. Cover and simmer for about 10 mins. or until chicken is cooked through.
7. Mix in the remaining coconut milk and the lemon juice and cook for a few more minutes.
I serve this with rice because the sauce is so delicious we don’t want any of it to go to waste!
This is the spot that I would have placed a photo of the cooked recipe. Yep, I forget to photograph it!
A note about coconut milk: Coconut milk is white and a little bit thick and has tiny bits of coconut meat in it. It is not the coconut juice found inside the coconut. I didn’t know this and was surprised when I opened the can!
Go on over to Tasty Tuesday at Forever…Wherever! for more wonderful recipes!