Guitar Performance…Finally!!!

February 2nd, 2009 · 12 Comments

Do you remember back in November when I mentioned that my oldest son might be performing with a buddy of his in front of an audience?  And then I updated the news in December because the performance was postponed?  Oh, yeah, and then I updated the news again in December because the performance was postponed…again?  Well, they re-scheduled the performance for last Friday night and can you believe that the performance was not postponed?!  Yes, it’s true!

concert-1-30-09-040-soft-focus

My son is on the left, I used soft focus on this photo.  I didn’t want to be showing his friend’s faces too clearly without permission!

They were the second group to perform, right after a female barbershop quartet!  They did a lot of practicing at my house before the show and they did an amazing job!  They didn’t use their own guitars, so that made things a little more difficult, but they did a great job anyway.  They were told that only acoustic guitars were allowed and they all only have electric guitars.  The plan was to borrow two acoustics from one of their teachers that was also performing.  When they arrived, they discovered that electric guitars were allowed.  So my son borrowed an electric and his one friend borrowed an acoustic, and their singer…sang!  They performed Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.  Their guitar playing sounded so beautiful.  I can’t tell you how proud I am of my son!  I sure do love that young man! (I was going to say boy, but he’s going to be sixteen this month!)

I want to give a special thank you to Shelli at Shelli Pabis Photography for giving me some really great pointers to get some wonderful photos of the event!  Thank you, Shelli!

Tags: Family · High School · Photography

• 1 d @ qdm // Feb 2, 2009 at 2:55 pm

oh! that’s so nice! What a proud mama you must be!

• 2 ELK // Feb 2, 2009 at 2:58 pm

Gayle how exciting for you and the whole family! I can say when he is famous”I knew him when!”

Were they nervous?

ELK’s last blog post..SAM LOVES

• 3 shelli // Feb 2, 2009 at 3:37 pm

Oh gosh, Gayle. You didn’t have to thank me, but you are more than welcome. It looks like you did a great job! Yippee!

• 4 Kim@ForeverWherever // Feb 2, 2009 at 5:41 pm

That is SO COOL! I know you are so proud of him and how wonderful it must have been to hear him play! I look forward to hearing about his next performance!
    -Kim

Kim@ForeverWherever’s last blog post..How Your Blog Can Change The World

• 5 Gayle // Feb 2, 2009 at 7:24 pm

Hi d!
    Yep, I am proud of him!

Hi ELK,
    I’ll tell him you said that! Oh, I forgot to say in the post that two of them were nervous. The singer said he wasn’t! My son said he felt calmer when he was holding the guitar!

Hi shelli!
    Thank you!

Hi Kim!
    It was very cool and it looks like they might perform again in March! Yay!

• 6 Shannon // Feb 3, 2009 at 9:18 am

How exciting! I hope he doesn’t get a rock star complex! Just kidding!!

Shannon’s last blog post..Drumroll Please

• 7 Gayle // Feb 3, 2009 at 9:43 am

Hi Shannon!

I hope not!

• 8 Monday Memories: The Second! // Mar 15, 2009 at 10:01 pm

[…] remember those Lego days so fondly.  My oldest son, now sixteen, was a Lego pro!  I remember that my mother-in-law used to be in awe of how fast he […]

• 9 Monkey's Momma // Mar 16, 2009 at 7:21 pm

I love that song. Too bad you couldn’t have posted a video!

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Handpoured Soy Candle Giveaway!

• 10 Monkey's Momma // Mar 16, 2009 at 7:22 pm

I love that song. Too bad you couldn’t have posted a video!

• 11 Gayle // Mar 16, 2009 at 7:41 pm

Hi Monkey’s Momma!

I know. I’m so annoyed with my video camera. I can’t transfer the video to my computer correctly. It keeps on messing up! Grrrrr.

• 12 Monday Memories: The Sixth! // Apr 12, 2009 at 9:50 pm

[…] Bart did finally calm down as he got older and lived to be about 12.  When I was in labor with my first son, I brought a photo of Bart into the labor room to focus on.  Bart was high maintenance, but he was […]