Timmy After The Dance

January 28th, 2009 · 6 Comments

Well, Timmy didn’t go to a dance, my youngest son did!  Last Friday night my baby went to his first school (6th grade) dance.  He met up with his friends and they had a great time.  They get a great dj that really gets all of the kids involved.  When I was in school it seemed like there was so much pressure regarding school dances.  You were supposed to have a date, there was couple dancing.  Of course being as shy as I was, I did not ever go to a school dance.  I think it’s so much nicer now.  The kids meet up with their friends and everybody dances, or jumps around and has a lot of fun, no pressure.  When my boy got home he asked if he could use my camera.  I told him about a shooting method I read in the photography book I borrowed from the library where you start out with your lens zoomed in on something and as you press the shutter button, you quickly zoom out.  Here’s one of his shots.

TimmyMy boy decided that Timmy should wear the lei from the dance.  Timmy was cool with it.  It didn’t interrupt his evening nap at all!

Sleeping TimmyI love these shots he got and I told him how I liked how he composed his shots and that he got great captures.  My boy was very proud!  I love that boy.

Timmy with a lei

Did you go to school dances?  What were they like?  I missed out on so much because of my shyness. Sigh.

Tags: Family · Middle School · Photography

• 1 ELK // Jan 28, 2009 at 8:14 pm

i LOVE Timmy…shhhh don’t let Sam hear…he is so photogenic and the zoom out shot is cool…

I went to dances but alas I was a tall girls so I wanted to dance but none of the short boys would…they went for the petite ones…sigh!

• 2 Gayle // Jan 28, 2009 at 11:05 pm

Hi ELK!

I like that shot also! I think it’s nice now that all the kids get out there and dance together, so nobody feels left out. I would not want to re-live my school years!

• 3 Tamara // Jan 29, 2009 at 8:23 pm

What GORGEOUS shots you got! I really need to improve my photography skills :)

Tamara’s last blog post..Which Colors Should I Choose?

• 4 Stephanie // Jan 29, 2009 at 9:11 pm

I went to dances up until high school. That’s when the shyness started to kick in. And it’s gotten progressively worse as I get older. Sigh.

They were fun while they lasted!

And that is one super cute dog!

Stephanie’s last blog post..Chocolate Pecan Toffee Bars

• 5 Gayle // Jan 30, 2009 at 11:36 am

Hi Tamara!
    Thank you! Actually my youngest son took these, so I will pass your compliment on to him!

Hi Stephanie!
    The shyness is really annoying, isn’t it?

• 6 Monkey's Momma // Jan 30, 2009 at 12:59 pm

Baby boy has some talent there!! Keep letting him work with the camera! And Timmy is a great model, too.

I went to a private Christian school. We didn’t have dances. We had Banquets. Because, you know, dancing was…GASP!!!…a sin! lol.

Monkey’s Momma’s last blog post..Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card!!!