Are You Sick of Icicle Shots Yet?

January 27th, 2009 · 7 Comments

I hope not!

Here are some sights around my yard this past weekend.

We have icicles!

Icicles

A beautiful blue sky!  This is unusual for us lately.  Seems the sky has been cloudy a lot recently.

Winter Tree

Sometimes I forget how much I like black and white photos.   I really like them!

Tree

A winter “leaf’s eye” view!

Winter Leaf

Animal highways in the snow!  Sheesh, I’d love to set up a video camera to see all of this activity that goes on during the night!

Animal Highway

Don’t forget to visit my very first giveaway!  It’s open until Saturday morning, Jan. 31, 2009.

Tags: Photography

• 1 maya | springtree road // Jan 27, 2009 at 2:15 pm

i never get tired of snow/icicle shots! keep ’em coming!

i was biding my time on your contest – the first people to enter almost never win!! :)

maya | springtree road’s last blog post..Thinking tropical

• 2 ELK // Jan 27, 2009 at 2:22 pm

they are HUGE!

all of the photos are lovely…my favorite…the leaf’s eye view!

ELK’s last blog post..second day

• 3 Stephanie // Jan 27, 2009 at 2:47 pm

I agree with Elk. LOVE the leaf’s eye view! Very cool shot! (And I love the icicle pictures, too!)

Stephanie’s last blog post..I Heart Faces: week three

• 4 d @ qdm // Jan 27, 2009 at 5:01 pm

I love the leaf one as well! The snow looks so soft and velvety.

I’m astounded by your tracks. It would be really interesting to see what all goes on back there. My nightly visitors are always armidillos…I know this by the holes I twist my ankles in and the chewed roots they leave lying around. Not exactly interesting.

• 5 Kim@ForeverWherever // Jan 28, 2009 at 8:26 am

Great photos! I always think they’re pretty and peaceful looking. A nice look at winter.
    -Kim

Kim@ForeverWherever’s last blog post..Tim at Nesting Place Today – Check it Out!

• 6 lmerie // Jan 28, 2009 at 1:42 pm

Those are wonderful! Next best thing to being in the ice and snow itself!

lmerie’s last blog post..PG-13 Warning . . .

• 7 Gayle // Jan 30, 2009 at 8:14 am

Hi Everyone!

Thank you for all of the nice comments! Being that it still January, I’m sure I’ll have more winter shots. Oh, how I long for some colors other than white, brown and gray!