Ice (and Snow) Show

January 11th, 2009 · 9 Comments

Tractor tire with ice

Icy Tractor Wheel

My beautiful ice is now covered with snow.  It’s really pretty, but YIPES!, it is slippery!  I shoveled thinking I was doing a good thing.  Now, we have ice covered with a very thin layer of snow on our walkway and driveway.  Maybe not such a good idea.

Sparkly Snow

I took the above photo during the day with a poor choice of settings.  I like it!

kids-in-snowI was inspired to try sepia by Diane at Life’s Sweet Ordinary.  She is such an amazing photographer; go check out her blog!

Tags: Family · Photography

• 1 donna // Jan 11, 2009 at 9:19 pm

Awesome pictures. that first one is wonderful. How could an old car tyre look so beautiful!

• 2 Gayle // Jan 11, 2009 at 9:36 pm

Hi donna!

Thank you! The pattern of the ice was so amazing!

• 3 Kim@ForeverWherever // Jan 11, 2009 at 10:34 pm

I was wondering the same thing about the tire. I’ve never seen a prettier one! :-) It’s neat when you catch simple things in a certain light and get to see their beauty!

Thanks for stopping by earlier. I noticed you have a son that plays guitar. My 14 year old has a guitar in his hand for hours every day!

• 4 Gayle // Jan 11, 2009 at 11:15 pm

Hi Kim!

The same with my son! When he gets home from school, he heads right for his guitar, for some relaxation and fun before homework!

• 5 lmerie // Jan 12, 2009 at 10:14 am

This is really fun watching the changes in your photos! These are awesome!

• 6 Gayle // Jan 12, 2009 at 1:13 pm

Hi lmerie!

Thank you so much!

• 7 ELK // Jan 12, 2009 at 2:54 pm

looks like a really white world where you are! your kiddos are enjoying tho!

• 8 Stephanie // Jan 12, 2009 at 7:22 pm

Whoa, that ice is crazy. I can’t imagine that kind of weather… maybe ’cause it’s 80+ degrees here right now. I kinda wish Winter would make an appearance.

• 9 Gayle // Jan 12, 2009 at 8:47 pm

Hi ELK!
    Yes, and I think it’s going to stay white. It’s way too cold for it to melt!

Hi Stephanie!
    Ahh, California is so beautiful and warm! I’m sitting in my house with a thermal shirt, sweater, jeans and two layers of socks on (the heat is on, of course) and I think I need another layer of clothing!