Happiness Is Contagious!

December 8th, 2008 · 13 Comments

Karen at chookooloonks has a great post up about a study of how happiness spreads.  She has challenged bloggers to blog their happiness and leave their links in the comment section of her post.  Isn’t that great?!  Go over and check it out and spread the happiness!

Of course the top happiness makers for me are my children and my husband.  Otherwise, here’s a photo that I took yesterday that includes some other things that make me happy.  Some of them you may not be able to see very well, but they are there!

Paintings by my daughter,

Paper dragon made by my oldest son in second grade,

Chinese takeout container containing my youngest son’s Triops eggs – He checks them for life daily (no luck so far),

A spider plant that my daughter got from her teacher in kindergarten,

Red peppers that used to hang in my mom’s kitchen,

Christmas lights,

The prisms that make my afternoon kitchen rainbows!

Tags: Family · Favorite Things

• 1 ELK // Dec 8, 2008 at 2:39 pm

what a fabulous list …all high on the happy scale

• 2 d at qdm // Dec 8, 2008 at 5:22 pm

i’m doing this first thing tomorrow!

• 3 Gayle // Dec 8, 2008 at 10:48 pm

Hi ELK!
    Yes! I’m so glad I read Karen’s post. Sometimes it’s so easy to stop noticing the small things that make me happy. It’s great to stop and take notice again!

Hi d!
    I can’t wait to read you post tomorrow!

• 4 Stephanie // Dec 8, 2008 at 11:21 pm

Thanks for sharing. It’s always good to have a reminder to look at the bright side of life and remember all the reasons you have to be happy and thankful.

• 5 lmerie // Dec 9, 2008 at 9:28 am

I like that photo! It is definitely a happy photo . .. and great list too! :)

• 6 Gayle // Dec 9, 2008 at 9:32 am

Thank you lmerie! I like it, too! It makes me happy to look at it!

• 7 Gayle // Dec 9, 2008 at 9:33 am

Hi Stephanie!

Thank you for visiting and commenting! I feel the same way. Sometimes I really need to push myself to be mindful of all of the good things.

• 8 spread your wings // Dec 9, 2008 at 10:57 am

I had totally planned to post on this very thing and then it got late and I didn’t post at all. I had read Karen’s post as well. I was making a list during the day yesterday. I think sometimes we just need to stop and take notice of all the little things that makes us really very happy.
    I like your list and your happy photo. thanks for sharing it.

• 9 Gayle // Dec 9, 2008 at 11:03 am

Hi spread your wings!

Thank you! I hope you do post your list. I would love to see it!

• 10 diane // Dec 9, 2008 at 11:12 am

wonderful happy thoughts

I’d love to participate but I’m so far behind … may not blog for about a week . Merry Christmas to you and yours.

• 11 Liz // Dec 9, 2008 at 11:55 am

That is just the most cheerful picture. Makes me happy just to look at it.

• 12 d at qdm // Dec 9, 2008 at 12:17 pm

thanks to firewalls at my work i can’t comment on that other blog. oh well.

But I put my happy list on mine anyway.

• 13 Looks Good Enough to Eat // Dec 10, 2008 at 7:58 pm

[…] Where did this day go?  I’m too tired to do the post that I wanted to do today, so I’m posting another happiness photo! […]